04 January 2007

A New Year

I'm back from my holiday wanderings and how glad I am to have had them. My travels have taken Jen and I to Bristol and then down to Helford in Cornwall. Gregory did us proud, he was no trouble at all, raising surprise in some quarters!

I loved being able to get away and disconnect myself from the outside world. For those Harry Potter fans out there it feels a bit like that font thing Dumbledore has where he can pour out his thoughts and make space in his head. A lot of reading was done curled up on a sofa in front of a wood burning fire only broken by the needs of food and sleep.

Hope to put some pictures up soon, but wanted to say welcome to 007.

6 comments:

JollyGreenGiant1982 said...

Hey Dude!!

Glad you had a relaxing time and are back in sunny Sutton! We need to go play some snooker soon! By the way Tarquin is OK still, dont think he'd get all that way and back though, i may try it but need to get RAC help first!
Much manly love to you my friend!

Aaron

D Baynham said...

Welcome back Big Al, missed you being around, glad you had a top time away. See's you soonly for a balti?

Al said...

Jen and I went to see Mo last night to bring our holiday to a close. We were well looked after as ever. The curry was excellent AND nut free!! Always room for one more though!

Been a while since I've visited the glorious Riley's of Sutton, think it may well be time to put that right!

ScubaSis said...

Welcome back curly Al & Jen. Sounds wonderful - log fire & a good book. 'Excellent', as Mr Burns would say....

Teapot said...

Shame I'm not allowed to call you Al, ALan!!
Great to have you back again=., OOps alwatys have to ave crap typoos don't I!!

It's not easy being small said...

Glad that you had a good time in Cornwall!! It is indeed a truly wonderful place!! Catch up soon!